Do you feel like you are always on the run? Feel like your house is a mess? I think we all have been there. Here’s the thing, you can make your house neat and tidy in just a matter of minutes. How you ask? Check out these 5 minute homemaking tasks that can make a huge difference.
We are always running back and forth from work to home to activities. And it repeats several days a week. I feel like sometimes that I will never keep up with things around the house. Partly because I am spending a bunch of time blogging, and the rest I am just out of the house. And it definitely suffers from it.
So how can that be changed? Simple! By incorporating these 5 minute homemaking tasks into your daily routine. By doing several of them a day, you can get cleaned up. And keep it that way.
5 Minute Homemaking Tasks In The Kitchen:
- Clean and wipe down the kitchen table. Includes chairs and table legs
- Wipe out 1 shelf in the fridge and throw away expired food
- Sort through the mail
- Straighten your spice cabinet and make a note about what needs replacing
- Check the freezer for outdated food and toss
- Wipe down the outside of your garbage can with a Lysol wipe
5 Minute Homemaking Tasks In The Living Room:
- Grab the Pledge, and dust the tops of surfaces
- Windex your TV screen
- Put away shoes
- Pick up and recycle newspaper
- Toss toys into a wash basket. Tell kids if they are not put away in 5 minutes, they go in time out
5 Minute Homemaking Tasks In The Bathroom:
- Put away all the bathroom stuff on top of the sink
- Fill hand soap, check toilet paper supplies, and run toothbrushes under really hot water
- Pick out the hair in your brushes
- Swipe the area around the toilet with a Lysol Wipe
5 Minute Homemaking Tasks In The Office Area:
- Check bills and write checks
- Throw away junk mail
- Wipe down computer, printer, and other computer equipment
5 Minute Homemaking Tasks In Your Outside Area:
- Wipe down your front door and shake out the welcome mat
- Pull weeds along your front walk
- Windex windows
- Check for pest nests and spray as needed
So these are just a few things that can be accomplished in just 5 minutes. You don’t need to do them all at the same time. Done throughout the day, they can make things less overwhelming and you feel like you have accomplished a lot!
What would you add to your 5 minute homemaking tasks?
More homemaking posts to read:
- The Importance Of Having A Laundry Schedule
- Tips To Avoid Housecleaning Guilt
- Spring Cleaning Activities For A Snow Day
- Hanging Up Laundry Is Not For The Vertically Challenged