This is one of my husband’s absolute favorite fall foods to eat. I love mine topped with Redi-Whip, although someday I am going to learn how to make homemade whipped cream! This is a simple pumpkin cake recipe that requires 1 mixing bowl, and 1 baking dish. It will definitely become a family favorite of yours as well. Your family and friends will also enjoy it as well, so don’t forget to take some to them as well. I know that there are plenty of bakers out there that prefer to use fresh pumpkin. Just substitute the equivalent amount of the fresh pumpkin and your pumpkin cake will be just as delicious.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- little salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 16 oz can pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9×12 baking dish, preferably not a glass one
- Mix all ingredients gently in mixer.
- Pour batter into the lightly greased and floured baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 50 min.
- Place on cooling rack, and cover with a clean towel to cool.