Simple things mean different things to different people. What I consider a simple thing may be totally opposite to someone else. A friend of mine had posted some time back about the things that promote simple living in her home. I loved the post, so I thought I would add my own. It seems like the most simple things make our family the most happy. We don’t need to spend a lot of money on fancy vacations, or cars we don’t need. Instead, we enjoy spending time together, and enjoy the simple things in life.
- Sitting on the sofa snuggling with my sweetie
- Sitting on the sofa snuggling my kiddos
- Reading a book in total silence
- Enjoying a family dinner when we can
- Family get togethers where everyone can come
- Listening to DH sing along with a CD
- Watching kids play baseball
- My online friends, and blogging about simple things.
- Listening to the wind chimes outside my dining room window
- Watching the fireflies on a summer night
- Watching the cat “hunt” dust bunnies and rubber bands
- The joy of watching the garage door go up when you come home from work
- Driving 5 hours to visit my best friend
- Counting down the hours till my best friend comes to visit here
- Listening to the dog snore
- Blogging when the house is completely quiet
Wow, this list is a lot longer than I thought it would be. In this crazy busy world, I am finding that the simple things are more important. I hope that you enjoy it. It goes to show you that the simple things more than make up for the glitzy.