It is Tuesday, time for another installment of What I Learned This Week. Or should I say, what I didn’t have time to learn this week. Once again, it was a busy week/weekend. It will eventually slow down, right?
Now that it is August, school is rapidly approaching. My oldest needs to fully get into gear with his summer reading. He has most of the basics done, now it is time to get into the details. I am having such a hard time getting him to do that.
Not that I have anything to really say about his grades. He had a 3.81 GPA for his first year in high school, taking all honors classes. He is ranked in the top 100 of his class. So what is the big deal?
I am getting off track here, so let’s get back to the point. We are supposed to be talking about what I learned this week.
Did I learn anything? Oh yeah, I did.
- Summer is going by way too fast.
- I am going to miss playing fall baseball.
- I am not going to miss all the running for fall baseball.
- I forgot how to write a book report.
- School is expensive for basics. Getting supplemental materials is even more expensive.
- My son’s English teacher likes technology: they need to blog about their assigned summer reading books.
- Cliff notes are a great tool when used after you read the book, instead of in place of it.
Want to have as much fun as I did? Take a few moments to pop over to Julie’s to see What She Learned This Week. Just click on the graphic below to get started.
Just a few things:
- Grab this graphic and place it in your blog post, making sure you link back to her blog.
- Go to Julie’s current WILTW post and add your link to her linky.
- Visit other participant’s in the linky, and leave a nice comment.
- Have fun seeing what others have learned.
So now that I have shared my whine, will you share yours with me? It is okay, I won’t call you a whiner. That would take away all the fun from me!