- I am not sure I want to start our home improvement project. I know it has to be done, it is the financial end that scares me. Every time I think I am okay about having it done, I get a full-blown panic attack thinking about the bill!
- I want it to be Spring, right this very second so that this project can be started. Although the contractor has given me hope that it could start sooner rather than later.
- I want to do the demolition on said project. The thought of being able to wield a sledgehammer is extremely intoxicating!
- I learned that while I am terrified of the cost, I am having fun dreaming and planning.
- I can’t wait for it to be done so I can enjoy it.
In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I am discussing building a new deck. Our current deck is 15 years old and is on its last leg. The sooner we get it done the better. I do need to stop having visions of grandeur though. The likelihood of being able to afford a roof over the deck is slim and none. But the appeal of being able to use the deck most of the year is very, very appealing. And the outdoor furniture catalogs? I think I need to hide them! So you could also say that while I am usually a very simple woman, I have champagne tastes when it comes to home improvement.
I learned a few things along the way this week, some new, some the same old same old. How about you? Join in the fun to see what others are doing and to make new blog friends. For more WILTW, please visit Julie at From Inmates to Playdates!