You know, being a full-time working Mom really isn’t so bad. Besides having a decent paycheck and some good benefits, there are some wonderful things that go with the job. And one day I will write a post about them. Not today. Today is one of those days where being a FT working Mom is not at the top of my list of things that I enjoy. Why you ask? I just have stuff I need to do at home, and I don’t feel like going out.
Truth be told, being a working Mom isn’t so bad, except when:
- You have to work weekends when there is a home football game.
- Your hubby has 2 full weeks off between Christmas and New Year’s, and you only have off a total of 4 days during that time.
- The kids have off of school, and you could possibly sleep in.
- The laundry has tripled in an 8 hour period, and you absolutely need to get it done.
- It’s time to menu plan. Working non-traditional hours like 12-8 or 3-11 makes dinner plans more difficult.
- Your child is sick, and you don’t know what your going to do with them.
- The house needs to be cleaned. I don’t think that one needs an explanation.
- You need a doctor’s appointment and all the appointments they have open are 5 min before you are scheduled to work.
- You haven’t slept well the night before and you are a bit, uh, crabby.
- You just want to spend time cuddling on the sofa with hubby and the kids, and you have to go into work from 3-11
Don’t get me wrong. I am extremely lucky and blessed to have a full time job in these times. I don’t know what we would do right now if I wasn’t working as well. But sometimes, I just need a day or two with my family to remember why it is I am putting myself through all the hassles.
What about you? What don’t you like about being a working Mom?