One of my favorite things to eat is breakfast for dinner. I love that it is a quick and easy meal that the entire family can enjoy. Whether it is planned or spontaneous, it is perfect for that night when you just don’t know when to eat.
I generally love to put lots of things in my scrambled eggs. From peppers to onions to cheese and more, I am always finding new ways to try a good recipe.
Enter Speck ham. What is Speck ham? Glad you asked. Dating back to the 18th century, Speck is a lightly smoked and open-air cured ham made in Northern Italy. It is very much like to pancetta and can be used in similar ways in recipes, or enjoyed raw with fresh wine and cheese.
I was so excited to be able to try this product because it was something new. My family was a bit unsure at first, but when we tried it? Heaven!
I loved how easy this recipe was to make. I can scramble a good egg, but this Speck ham took the taste to a whole new level. I did cut the pieces a bit thicker because that is what my family prefers. Look how gorgeous it looks with the peppers.
My husband and boys really enjoy their cheese too. According to our family, everything is better with cheese. Speck ham is no exception. The cheese compliments the smoky taste of the ham, which we all enjoyed.
My mouth was watering just looking at it. My husband and kids ate it just like this. But, I love my salsa, so I ate mine with a side of pineapple-mango salsa. The sweet salsa went perfect with the salty taste of the ham.
Easy Cheesy Speck Ham Scramble:
- 6 extra large eggs(You can use more or less depending on your family size)
- Diced frozen peppers and onions
- Thinly sliced Speck Ham
- Cheese of your choice
- Splash whole milk
- Dash salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salsa of your choice(optional)
- Sour cream(optional)
- Heat non-stick fry pan and extra virgin olive oil on medium heat
- In bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and spices. Set to the side.
- Cut the Speck ham into this slices, then chop into smaller pieces
- Gently mix peppers, onions, and Speck ham in the fry pan till soft and tender
- Add egg mixture, and stir gently till completely cooked
- Add cheese on top, and cover with fry pan lid until cheese is melted
- Serve warm with a side of salsa and sour cream
So there you have it! An easy meal with a rich flavor that is sure to please everyone in your family. To learn more about Speck ham, visit their website today!
*Disclosure: I received the Speck Ham and some seriously wonderful promotional products in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts are 100% my own.
This post proudly shared on: