On this Friday 5, I am discussing my love of video games. Even though I am a grown woman in my 40’s, I still love playing video games. With my kids, with my husband, and even by myself. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the new Mario Kart 8. In fact, I have the game pre-ordered and the guide-book on reservation. Interesting that it is 5 weeks till the game comes out on a Friday, and I am doing a Friday 5 talking about it!
I am that much of a geek. And I am not to proud to admit it! In any case, my kids love it, my husband loves it, and our friends love it too.
So, in any case, for my Friday 5, I thought I would share my favorite games. I guess there is a theme to it. Not intentionally, though. It just happens to be the ones I love!
1. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga – Nintendo Wii. As a fan and geek of Star Wars, we love this one. Can you just see it? Two grown people laughing so hard they are crying because instead of trying to kill the bad guys, they are wasting time trying to zap each other with the force lightning. Real mature, but oh so much fun!
2. NHL<insert year>. Many of you know that I am a big hockey fan, so this entry should not come as a surprise.
3. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – Nintendo Wii When you combine Harry Potter with Legos, it produces another episode of laugh until you cry. When we first got this one, we were up till 2 am some nights trying to figure it out!
4. The Original Mario Kart Wii. We still play online with friends. That is another hilarious time. And it is great for your marriage, too!
5. Mario Super Sluggers. I get my rear handed to me on a platter by my kids. And they think it is so cool that their Mom plays baseball with them. Worth every minute of my time. And then some!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item, a small portion of the cost will come back to me. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it goes to help support my blogging expenses.
So those are my favorite video games on Friday 5. How about you? Do you play them? Have a favorite? Share it here!