I still find it hard to believe that the holiday season is already here. I am still in Summer mode, especially when I am remember our Florida road trip. With the weather being wet and rainy with a chance of *gasp* snow this weekend, I am really wishing I could be poolside in Orlando. Or perhaps eating some Southern BBQ.
But, the calendar says otherwise, so I am doing my best to get into the Christmas spirit. As most of you know, I am a bookseller at my local bookstore, and I love recommending books to my readers. Today I am sharing 10 gift books for the dog lover. I know that these book suggestions will make any dog lover on your Christmas list happy, and will be used for years to come.
We have a 13.5 year old Golden Retriever, and she is absolutely the best dog out there. I have to say that this post was inspired by her, and the joy she brings to our family. Even when she decides to revert to her puppy days and eat things she shouldn’t.
10 Gift Books For The Dog Lover:
Gift books for the dog lover can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. There are so many available that you may not know where to start. Novel? Coffee Table book? Informative? Yeah, you can see how finding gift books for the dog lover can confuse you.
So I am sharing these 10 books to help make your search a little bit easier. I do know that no matter what type you choose, the dog lover on your shopping list is sure to appreciate any of these books. Made for reading, made for sharing, they are the absolute perfect book this holiday season. The book links below are affiliate links, so any purchase you make through these links helps this lady run her blog.
Coffee Table Gift Books For The Dog Lover:
- Rescue Me: Dog Adoption Portraits and Stories from New York City
- Zen Dogs
- Unconditional: Older Dogs, Deeper Love
I have to say that Unconditional: Older Dogs, Deeper Love really struck a chord with me because that is exactly how our Golden Retriever looks. I would definitely love to find this book in my Christmas stocking.
Light Read Gift Books For The Dog Lover:
- Dogs and Their People: Photos and Stories of Life with a Four-Legged Love
- Dogs Who Serve: Incredible Stories of Our Canine Military Heroes
- Dog Obsessed: The Honest Kitchen’s Complete Guide to a Happier, Healthier Life for the Pup You Love
I found the Dogs Who Serve title to be a light-hearted read, despite the topic it was written about. Helps you give new respect to the military and their dogs.
Fun Gift Books For The Dog Lover:
- Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds
- Let Me Tell You about Jasper: How My Best Friend Became America’s Dog
- The Secret Language of Dogs: Unlocking the Canine Mind for a Happier Pet
- Secret Service Dogs: The Heroes Who Protect the President of the United States
See? Finding the perfect gift books for the dog lover doesn’t have to be an overwhelming task. And who knows, you just may find YOUR next read for the long winter evenings. I know my dog would certainly approve!
More Dog Posts:
- Summertime Fun For Your Dog
- Chicken Soup For The Soul: The Dog Did What?
- The Ultimate Guide To Bringing Home A New Puppy
- Purina ProPlan Bright Mind For Your Dog
Cute Gifts For Your Dog:
Those are just a few suggestions from me. So take a moment and click on the links and purchase one of these gift books for the dog lover! Each day I am at work, I am always finding new and exciting titles to add to my lists, so be sure to stop back in to read more. In fact, you can sign up for my email list so that you don’t miss a single post! No worries, your email is completely private!