Today is a really special day in our household! Why? It is my sweetie’s birthday today. It is hard to believe that he is as old as me now(yes, my hubby is 5 months younger than me). Not that I consider him old, just me. Yeah, makes total sense.
We have been together now for over 20 years, and will be celebrating our 17th anniversary on Saturday. I am not sure where all the time has gone. We have gone through our downs, up, downs, and ups again. We have gone through the whole sickness and health deal. And you know what? I wouldn’t change it for anything. I love him more now than I did the day we got married!
So how are we celebrating? Well, for starters, he took the day off from work today. I wish he could sleep in, but he has to take our youngest to the orthodontist for a check-up. Totally fun, right? Yeah, he thinks so too. I am working till 3, and I wish I would have taken the day off. In any case, we are celebrating later by having a date night for a concert. If we were at home, I would have made his favorite meal: lasagna. I also found a delicious and easy recipe for Molten Chocolate Cake at Girl Gone Mom blog. I always wanted to learn how to make this dessert, but was never brave enough to try it. I know I could definitely handle this! I also know he would enjoy these chocolate peanut butter cookies. Just not sure if they would last long enough for him to try them!
Happy Birthday Best Friend, My Love and My Life.
So I wanted to share some of my favorite things about my husband. This is him:
This picture is from Wildwood last summer.
So back to those things I love:
- He does anything, and I mean anything, for our family.
- He is fiercely loyal to his family, and will do anything for them. My IL’s did such a fantastic job raising their son.
- He is so stinking cute when he is watching sports. I love his passion.
- He has a love of music. And he is absolutely adorable when he sings along with his I-pod while driving in the car.
- He is so easy to talk to.
- He forgives me when I am being stupid.
- He loves me when I am being stupid.
- He does laundry, and dishes, and vacuuming without a single complaint.
- He is beyond responsible when it comes to his job. You can find him working from home after putting in a 10-hour day. Drives me crazy sometimes, but that is just the kind of man he is.
- He is the only one that I will tolerate beating me in Mario Kart Wii! I don’t like it, and I admit I try to get him back any chance I get. After all, all is fair in love and Mario Kart!
- He is just fun to be with.
So those are just a few things I love about my man. There are so many more reasons, that it would probably take me about 10 posts to highlight them all. So honey, Here’s To Us! Thank you for being the man you are, for the man you will always be. Please know how much you are loved my every member of our family, but especially me!