*As part of a collaboration with Philadelphia Social Media Moms, I have compiled a list of local indoor play areas. I was not compensated for this post, or not in any way affiliated with any businesses mentioned in this post. All suggestions are a result of personal experiences or website recommendations. All are 100% my own.*
My kids have always enjoyed playing at indoor play areas, just as much as outside activities. Over the course of the years, we have been to many different areas in the Valley. These are definitely the most popular ones:
- Chuck E Cheese: Lehigh Valley Mall location Video games and pizza are always a hit with the kids. Make sure you find a coupon for game tokens, as they can get pretty pricey.
- Rascal’s Food and Fun. This is by far the best place in the Valley, in my opinion. Our kids, who are teenagers, still love to go here. The food is good and reasonably priced. They definitely have the best deals with prize payouts, and their stuff is higher quality. And if you like ice cream? Then this is definitely a place where the kids can run around and play, while the adults enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet.
- Bounce U. A great place for a few hours of fun or to host a birthday party.
- Crayola Experience. This attraction is a bit pricey, just as a heads up. But it is really worth it, because there is so much you can do. And, I am not too proud to admit that it is a hit with adults, too. I am really sad that my kids are too old to enjoy this.
- Steel Ice Center. If you like to ice skate, then this is the place to be. They, by far, have the best skates out there. There are not too many public ice rinks that gives you the option to pick between regular skates and hockey skates. Since I am not too good a skater, the hockey skates are a great option. They have a really decent snack bar, as well.
- AMF Bowling-Parkway Lanes in Allentown. Of all the bowling centers in the area, this one is the cleanest and well-kept. Their scoring display is easy to set up and use, and they definitely have the best selection of public bowling balls. And, the staff there takes pride in keeping things clean. You can always see them cleaning up the public areas, the snack bar, and the equipment.
These are just a very small sampling of some of the great indoor play areas in the Lehigh Valley. I chose to highlight these places because they are all places that I have personally been to and my kids have gone to since they were little. Many of the places we still go to today. For other places to visit in the Valley, check out Lehigh Valley Find and Go Seek!
And, if you are looking for other places to go in the Greater Philadelphia Area, check out this great list of links. You are sure to find something in any place you are close to!
Lancaster County Indoor Play Areas
Montgomery County Indoor Play Areas: Eastern