At the end of December last year, I was busy re-evaluating the goals for my blog for 2015. I was brainstorming about what direction I wanted to take. What I wanted to keep, and what wasn’t working for my blog. I had even had a brief survey (feel free to head over and fill it out, I would love more feedback) to gauge what readers thought about when they visited my blog.
One of the things that was brought up was that readers liked when I got personal and shared my everyday life. The trouble was, I used a “form” to help organize my post. Apparently I got into a rut, and often left answers the same from the week before. I am really sorry about that!
I also did a feature called #TrueBlogging. Just me chatting about life. But the title(and hashtag) still wasn’t working for me. So after some brainstorming and help from my wonderful tribemates, I was able to come up with a concept that really symbolizes what my blog means.
So welcome to the first edition of #ItMatters. As the tagline says, this is how I will give you a glimpse into the real side of life. Not just the good, but the bad, the crazy, the things that make our life matter.
It Matters: On The Blog
- One of the exciting things I have to share is I have been chosen for my first ambassador program. I have always wanted to do that, and I finally am being given that opportunity. I won’t be sharing what it is yet until everything is in place, but it is something you, as readers, will benefit from.
- I am working on adding more guest posters on my blog. Candi from A Day In Candiland has been bringing you some fabulous recipe posts. I am not the best at recipes, so it makes me happy to be able to bring you her posts. Please make sure you check out this post for Blueberry Pastries.
- I am also working on some holiday-themed book recommendations. I am working on Valentine’s picture books right now. The Valentine board books post was a big hit with readers.
It Matters: In The Home
- With work being so busy, and my schedule being crazy, things around the home have suffered quite a bit. My house is more than a bit messy, and I want to get it under control. Starting on Sunday, I am going to seriously get back into my Flylady routines.
- Menu planning has gone on the wayside, as has unnecessary shopping trips for forgotten items. That is going to be brought under control right now.
- Some minor home improvements are also on the agenda for this Spring. We have some rooms that need re-painting because I had some horrible paint ideas when we originally did them. I can’t wait to change that.
It Matters: Travel
- Of course I have started the countdown to our favorite trip to Wildwood. Time to start planning and preparing.
- I can’t believe I am saying this, but this summer we are planning to start visiting colleges for my oldest son. I still am amazed that we are at this point. But we love to be prepared, so starting early was a priority.
So I hope you enjoyed reading this very first edition of It Matters. I know that I like sharing real life with my readers, and I hope that you enjoy it as well.
Now it’s your time to share. Your chance to help me continue to grow on my blog.
What would you like to see on It Matters?
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter. You can get this post, and others, directly in your inbox. And don’t forget you will get your FREE reading guide for 2015.