It is Tuesday already, time for another edition of what I learned this week. Today is a busy, and really cold day. It is getting close to that time of year, that kind of wonderful time of year. Okay, get real. Almost winter is no better than full-blown winter. I admit that I absolutely hate it! I am not ready for coats and hats and scarves and gloves. I have enough trouble keep track of things as it is, let alone all the extra stuff. So, now that I got that off my chest, let’s see what I learned this week.
- I learned that you have to accept winter is coming because, despite your best efforts and whining, you have to turn the heat on.
- That winter is imminent because the weather forecasts now include frost advisories.
- I learned that winter is coming because I had to pack up the deck for the winter. It was so sad to see my patio furniture packed up and put away in the shed. But, at the same time, I am just happy that it all fit.
- Winter is coming because it is pitch black at 5:30 pm. And it really, really sucks.
- I learned that I am avoiding talking about winter because it means my baby will be 15.
- I also learned that the upcoming discussion of winter means Christmas will be here soon. And I am not ready for it. At all.
Want to have as much fun as I did? Take a few moments to pop over to Julie’s to see What She Learned This Week. Just click on the graphic below to get started.
Just a few things: