In a previous post, I discussed the goals I had for my blog. These are goals that I hope are achievable. But, on a more important level, I need to discuss personal goals for this year. It is never easy to make goals, let alone follow through on them. I think many people get overwhelmed at the thought of change. I know I resist it a lot of times. Like now, I am procrastinating about writing about them, so I am rambling. A lot. Trying to get started.
Okay, enough. Now I am will definitely discuss my personal goals for January 2014. Really. Here I go.
Personal Goals In January
- Plan and serve at least 3 meals per week where we have to sit at the table and eat.
- Make and stick to a food budget. Balance saving money with low-costs.
- Make sure that time spent together is not spent fighting over petty things. Life is short, I want to enjoy it to the fullest.
- Get back to doing my FlyLady routines each day.
- Fully wash 1 load of laundry per day. That includes wash, dry, fold, and put away.
- Wipe down the bathrooms daily. Everyday. Twice a day if necessary.
- Drink water daily instead of soda and iced tea.
- Exercise twice a week for the first 2 weeks, then gradually increase to 4 times per week.
- Watch portions when eating.
- Go to work each day with an open mind.
- Don’t get involved in negative attitudes and feelings when at work.
- Choose words wisely.
- Continue working on blogging for income.
I purposely made my goals for this month open-ended so that I don’t beat myself up if I can’t achieve them. Most of the goals set by people are based on S.M.A.R.T. goals(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound). The specific part is always my downfall for fulfilling personal goals. Mostly because I don’t like the pressure of something so specific. It’s different when there is a specific goal for a procedure, like setting up a new display at work. You are given the tools, time-frame, and can see the goal completed.
Perhaps I am just a wimp. Or maybe I am afraid that I can succeed. Makes no sense, I think.
So, have you started your goal-setting for the new year? If you have, share some of them. Better yet, let’s share how you plan to accomplish them. Leave a comment, I would love to have a conversation about it!