Remember that old saying about rainy days and Mondays always getting you down? For the avid blogger, sick days and blogging are two things that don’t seem to work well together. Your mind may be racing, you have these awesome posts in your head, but you can’t move. Your body is not allowing you the means to blog.
So what do you do? Panic? Scream? Run back to the bathroom and throw up for the umpteenth time? No, take a breath and change your game plan.
Usually when you get sick, it is for one reason only: your body is telling you that you are doing way too much and you need slow down just a bit. Maybe more than a little bit. So instead of beating yourself up for not getting things done, take a few moments to do some of those little things you don’t always have time to do when it comes to your blog.
Sick Days And Blogging:
So here are a few things you can do when you are laid up on the couch. Just grab your laptop and:
- Update or eliminate unwanted categories.
- Make sure all your posts have featured images.
- Write 3 drafts for the next upcoming holiday.
- Update your passwords for social media.
- Organize your pictures.
- Delete SPAM comments from your comment queue.
- Take a moment and drink some fluids.
- Answer a few tweets.
- Run to the bathroom, cursing all the way. But leave the laptop on the sofa.
- Re-evaluate your blogging plan for the following week.
- Take a nap for at least 60 minutes.
- Quickly scan through your email inbox and delete obvious junk.
So, these are just a few ideas for quick things you can do while you are sick and not up to a full blogging session. Sick days and blogging can be combined, if you just have a plan in place. Look at me, it only took me 6 full hours to write this post because I was too busy doing items #9 and #11.