Are you a working Mom? Do you find yourself eating tons of junk food while eating? I know I do! So I am sharing some of my best ideas for snacking healthier while at work. It is not always an easy thing to do, especially if your co-workers insist on bringing yummy treats all the time.
One thing I notice when I am at work is I do a lot of stress eating. I may be a bookseller, and it may seem like an easy job. But trust me, there is plenty of stress involved.
So the first thing to do before you think about snacking healthier while at work is to figure out what your stress trigger is. Is it out of your control? Are you putting undue pressure on yourself? I will be the first to admit that I put a lot of stress on myself. More than is necessary.
So a lot of my unhealthy snacking impulses are on me.
Did you hear that? Most of the stress in my work life is my own fault. I need to let a lot go, and work on what I can control. Which is only myself and my reaction to my stress. So back to the original thought.
Tips For Snacking Healthier While At Work:
- Avoid your stress trigger.
- Avoid bringing spare change so you don’t purchase things out of the vending machine. That is my worst habit.
- Drink lots of water. Studies have proven that drinking more water decreases your hunger, which leads to less snacking.
- Bring your own healthy snacks. My favorites right now are sliced peppers with some ranch dressing to dip it in. I wash them, cut them up, and bring a small cup of dressing to work with me. The crunching of the peppers is so satisfying, and the dip makes you think you are not skimping on anything delicious.
- Avoid the break room. If there are a ton of treats, head outside for a walk instead.
These are truly some simple things you can do when you are at work. I know I have a hard time resisting the junk food, and it really doesn’t do me any good. It’s not healthy, it makes me gain weight, and I tend to be even harder on myself.
So, you can work on snacking healthier while at work with just a little advance planning.
What will you do to improve snacking while at work?
Need more tips for working Moms? Check out these other posts I have:
- Avoiding Working Mom Burnout During The Holidays
- Working Mom Blogger: Tips & Tricks
- Fostering Friendships With Your Co-Workers