Summer is definitely is full swing. The heat is oppressive right now. And one of the ways we combat the heat is to go swimming. There is nothing like sitting at the side of the pool while you watch your kids swimming. I do like the occasional dip, but mostly it is my favorite time to just decompress.
I am not sure what my favorite place to swim is. At our favorite hotel’s pool or maybe the water park? In either case, in order to make the day enjoyable you need to be ready. Having a well-stocked swimming bag is the first step to having water-filled fun.
One of the best things I can suggest is to have UV treated swimwear for your kids in addition to regular sunscreen. And don’t let them try to get out of reapplying sunscreen throughout the day. They will thank you when they don’t get sunburn and can enjoy the rest of their vacation. Keep reading to see what my 7 essential items for our swimming bag.
Summer is just about in full swing. And if you are anything like my family, a great deal of time is spent swimming, and other water sports. I have learned over the years that the best swimming bag holds 7 important items. They are easy to gather, and will make your day of fun and sun the best it can be.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item from the link, it doesn’t cost you anything. And I get a portion back which I use towards the cost of running this blog.
7 Essential Items For Your Swimming Bag:
- The first item is to have a sturdy bag to carry everything in. I prefer a heavy canvas one that has a zipper. Only because my kids try to help me carry things, and even though they are teenagers, they somehow manage to spill stuff out of the bag. I got mine through Amazon.com,(no longer available, but here is something similar: (affiliate) XL Heavy Duty Beach Bag Tote) and I love it so far.
- A set of beach towels, one for each family member. I found this(affiliate) set of towels on Amazon as well. I like that there are 4 different colors, so there is no fighting over which towel belongs to what person. Each person gets a color, and that’s it.
- Sunscreen. Several types. The kids are always in a hurry, so the spray sunscreen comes in handy. As for the adults in our family, we use regular suntan lotion for out bodies, and sunscreen designed for babies on our faces. They tend to sting less when they get in your eye.
- A hat. I burn on my scalp very easily, and so does my husband. Wearing a hat when you can will help cut down on that. Of course, I always recommend putting suntan lotion on your scalp as well.
- Next are sunglasses. It is very important to protect your eyes from the glare of the sand and water, and the bright sun. If you have small children, get a pair that has a strap around the back to keep it on as long as possible.
- A bathing suit. Seems like a silly thing to add to the list, but it is important to have the right one. For my boys, along with sunscreen, I make them wear a swim shirt that has a SPF factor of 60. May seem like a bit much, but it makes your swimming much more enjoyable when no one is toasted with sunburn. Parents should be covered as well.
- And lastly, a good pair of water sandals. It is no fun walking over hot sand or macadam, so having this will make your feet very happy.
And there they are, my 7 essential items that I put in my swimming bag. Whether it is at the beach, or swimming at the local pool, we are all ready to have a fun and sunburn-free time.