Hi Everyone, Sandy here from Scrapbook Blessings Club. I get to do another guest post for Jennifer today, woohoo!!! Over at SBC, we do anything homemade and that includes our favorite projects….FOOD! Eating and scrapbooking go hand in hand, especially chocolate! But now it is time to get ready for the holidays. Everyone has those special recipes around the holidays they are requested to make. You know, the ones that someone in the family says, “Let’s have so & so make her….” Those recipes!
Holiday Pumpkin Roll:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place wax paper on a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for five minutes.
- Gradually mix in pumpkin.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; stir into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the center springs back when touched.
- Loosen edges with a knife.
- Turn out on a dishtowel that have been dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Roll up cake using towel, and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Unroll pumpkin cake when cool, spread with filling, and roll up.
- Place pumpkin roll on a long sheet of waxed paper, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Wrap cake in waxed paper, and twist ends of waxed paper like a candy wrapper.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled; before slicing, dust with additional confectioners’ sugar.
So the big question is what is yours???
I hope your enjoyed today’s recipe. If you have a questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Plus find us on Twitter @SBBlessingsClub. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!