Blogging can be a lot of fun, and a lot of work. There is so much to do with writing posts, interacting on social media, and creating Pinterest perfect graphics. I don’t care what anyone says, it is a full-time job, especially if you are using it as a source of income. Working Mom bloggers have an even tougher time trying to fit it all in! That’s where this mini-challenge comes in for the Biannual Blog Bash. Here are five simple steps working Mom bloggers can use to maximize their time and still enjoy their home and family.
Organization For Working Mom Bloggers
- Step one is to check out the Biannual Blogathon website. Check out this great list of mini-challenges to kick-start your blogging ideas. There are many challenges available to help you get started.
- Take a blank list of paper and just start jotting ideas. Don’t think, just write down everything you think you want to blog about. Don’t leave anything out. These mini-bullets are great idea starters that can inspire a whole post. You may think that organizing the underwear drawer is silly, but in all reality, you are probably helping all the other Moms out there that are having difficulty with this same issue. Working Mom bloggers will especially appreciate the process laid out for them, and the time saved that they aren’t surfing the web to find the information. I talk about ironing in this post, and I have had a lot of compliments on it.
- Have a calendar just for blogging. A simple monthly one will do. If you have time, download and print a planner just for blogging. Or, if you have WordPress, run and download the Editorial Calendar plug-in. Once you have your planner or plug-in, take 5 to 10 minutes and plan your posts for one week. Use your paper with ideas as a starting point.
- Spend 30 minutes writing 2 full posts, adding graphics and links. Then spend 60 minutes on your housework, work, or other tasks. Repeat until you have one full week completed.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you can’t accomplish that in the time limit. That will let you know that you may only be able to post 2-3 times a week. Guess what? That is more than okay. As you work through the steps each week, you may find out you can do more, or that you need to do less. And that is just fine too!
These are just a few things working Mom bloggers can do to help make blogging fun and enjoyable. Putting too much pressure on yourself or thinking you don’t measure up isn’t fun, and takes away a lot of the enjoyment of blogging. Take a few moments, and check out the Biannual Blogathon site for more great blogging ideas! Just click on the graphic below: