Baby, it is so cold outside! Single digit cold. Minus with wind chill factor cold. All I can say is YUCK!
But the cold and snow makes me appreciate how lucky I really am. For many things. Sometimes you don’t think about things that make your life comfy & cozy. So really, I want to take a moment an share how thankful I am for some things.
Okay, back to the things that I am so thankful for:
- Heat in our home. Seriously, every time I open the back door and get the blast of cold air, I think how blessed and lucky we are to have it. It makes my heart ache for those that don’t.
- My fuzzy Eagles socks. They were a gift from my IL’s this Christmas, and they are so comfortable. And warm. And from my favorite team, even though they kind of suck right now because they are not in the playoffs.
- Warm blankets on our bed. And flannel sheets. Silly, I know, but they are so comfortable. And comforting. Especially after being sick on the couch for the past 4 nights. It is definitely not being sick.
- My big old teddy bear. Well, it is actually my hubby. Recently, a co-worker lost her husband suddenly. That makes me appreciate him even more.
- Hot chocolate. I love sitting on the sofa while I chat with my boys and have hot chocolate. It warms me on the inside because we are taking the time to catch up and enjoy a sweet treat together. Need a good recipe? Check out Heather’s recipe at The Real Kitchen and Beyond.
These are just a few things that I am thankful for on this cold winter evening. I guess you could also add that I am thankful that the days are starting to get a teensy bit longer each day. I love the fact that it is no longer pitch black when I come home from work.
What are you thankful for today?
Did you like this post? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so that you can get notified when there is a new post!
And if you need some more things to read on a cold night, check out these posts:
- The Winter Blues Are Not A Myth
- Spring Cleaning Activities For A Snowy Day
- What Mom Needs For A New Baseball Season