Thankful Thursday has always been one of my favorite ways to blog about my life. Often I get caught up in negativity about things, and I am guilty of not appreciating the things I do have. So blogging about what I am thankful for is a great exercise for me.
Today is one of those exciting days for me. Why? I am so glad you asked. It is the last calendar day of the winter season. As many of you know, I absolutely despise Winter. For so many reasons, but mostly because of snow.
Want to here the irony about tomorrow? We are getting snow. Up to six inches of that dreaded white madness. Oh the agony.
But there is a silver lining. It shouldn’t hang around long. I sure wouldn’t want another storm where my tree out front looks like this:
That poor tree has been through so much over the years, and each year it comes back as strong as ever. The roots on that tree must be absolutely amazing!
So what am I thankful for today?
- The sun is out and shining right now. It is taking what snow we have left and melting it.
- I am so thankful I am off work today.
- I am thankful that my best friend and her family are coming out for a visit next week.
- I am thankful that we stayed safe and warm over the winter. There was a spell where there were many days of subzero temps and biting winds.
- I am thankful that I have some great blogging friends that are going to help me out over the next several days with guest posts. I need to get my home company ready, so the blog will have to take a back seat for a bit.
So while this list may only consist of 5 items, there are extremely important in my life right now. Some may think they are minor, but they are not.