Hello readers! I am posting this late today because I was suffering from a bit of the stomach blahs. My youngest was home sick on Tuesday with the stomach yucks, and of course he had to share it with his Mom. I feel so loved.
Yes, veiled(well maybe not)sarcasm on that comment, folks. I do not like the stomach yuck one little bit. I kid you not, I would rather have paper cuts under my nails!
Back on task! It’s Thursday, which means I usually recap about all the things I am thankful for. Won’t you join me?
I will preface this by saying I really do have the most wonderful husband ever. I think it is because he isn’t just my husband, but he is also my best friend. I can tell him anything. He know how I am feeling without me ever saying a single word. He still gives me butterflies in my stomach whenever I am near him.
I love him for so many reasons. Mostly because he spoils me rotten. Not with diamonds or expensive gifts, but with what he does for me on a daily basis.
Case in point. Monday we had yet another hideous weather day. He took my SUV to work because he has to drive farther. So I was just going to take his car since I live really close to work. Well, as it got closer, I just did not like the idea of having to drive home at 11 in the icy weather.
So what does he do? Comes out and gets me, of course. I walked in to work, and he picked me up. No questions, no complaints, he just did it.
And on Tuesday, he brought me dinner. I was working a crazy shift, so I didn’t cook dinner(plus, youngest was sick and wouldn’t have eaten what I was planning on making.) So, he stopped at a favorite restaurant, and dropped some off for me.
See? Am I lucky or what?
It may not seem like much to some, but to me, it’s everything!
So why do I love him so much? Well, here are just a few reasons.
- He makes me laugh, even when I feel that I couldn’t possibly smile.
- He helps me around the house even after he works a full day.
- He makes me feel special, even when I feel very unattractive.
- He is not afraid to beat the pants off of me during Mario Kart 8.
- He supports my blogging, and even the expenses that go along with it.
- Did I mention that he still makes me super tingly inside? If I did, well, it was worth mentioning it again.
I think the point I am trying to make is this: don’t wait for a special holiday to show your love and appreciation. Life is short, don’t have any regrets.
And three things you should always do, each and every day?
- Always kiss hello and goodbye.
- Never go to bed angry, even if it means losing out on sleep.
- Say “I Love You” as often as you can. I say it without fail when I get up, when I am leaving, or when I hang up the phone.
After almost 18 years of marriage, I can say that nothing will be more sacred to me than my husband and marriage. Without him, I don’t think I could survive.
So what are you thankful for on this Thursday?