Happy Thursday, dear blog readers! The sun is out and it is a very brisk morning. But do you know what today is? It is Thursday, and I am doing the happy dance in my desk chair as I am typing this.
Because, you know, Friday comes after Thursday. I know you are probably thinking that I have lost my mind and I should know the days of the week at this point. I assure you, I really do.
I won’t keep you in suspense as to why I am so happy on this Thankful Thursday.
- I am thankful that I survived another one of hubby’s business trips. I really don’t do well when he is away.
- I am thankful that I did not sleep with the baseball bat.
- I am thankful that I made it through the week without selling my boys to the gypsies when they were arguing over which Yu-Gi-Oh card was the most rare. That was a tough one.
- I am thankful that I stuck to my menu plan and resisted the urge to eat out every night.
- I am thankful that I did not eat every piece of chocolate in the house because I was lonely.
- I am thankful that no one knows that I was so bored without him that I voluntarily watched Frozen. And I liked it.
- But, most importantly, I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday and he is coming home.
I know that there are a lot of people out there who have husband’s that travel a lot more than mine.
How do you do it?
He wasn’t even gone long this time, and even managed to stay on the same continent. So what the heck do I have to complain about?
Oh oh, one more thing I am grateful for: Skype. We were able to video chat almost every day, and that really helped. A LOT!
So I have to ask, what are you thankful for today?