Have you ever been in a similar situation? You know, the vacation hangover?
What? You have never heard of the vacation hangover? Here is a rundown of the the symptoms, perhaps they will refresh your memory.
Symptoms Of The Vacation Hangover:
- Lack of will to do any form of house cleaning.
- Avoiding the kitchen and cooking like you have the plague.
- Forgetting where the washer and dryer are so you don’t have to wash the post-vacation clothing.
- Pretending you are sitting at the beach and pool while your kids ask “What’s for dinner?”
Yeah, I am at the point this morning where the vacation hangover has really taken a grip on me, and I really don’t want to come back to reality. I am sorry, but who really wants to come back from this?
As I am sitting here writing this post, visions of the warm evenings on the Boardwalk keep flashing through my head. I keep hearing the sounds of the seagulls, the hawkers calling out that they have the best deals, and the music.
Really people, can you blame me for just wanting to park myself on the sofa?
But alas, avoiding reality just makes it worse. So, I have been taking some steps to help combat the vacation hangover.
- I made myself work on laundry.
- I started unpacking the suitcases.
- I am sort of thinking up a grocery list for when hubby gets up.
- I am pretending that I plan on doing some cleaning.
See, every little bit helps. I mean, it is the thought that counts, right? RIGHT?!?
In any case, I at least have a little bit of fun to look forward to. In 3 weeks, we are headed out to Ohio to visit our friends for their daughter’s birthday. And a major milestone, as well: our first college visit for oldest.
How do you combat the vacation hangover?