Wow! I totally cannot believe that December is here already! Where has this year gone? I guess I am overly sensitive because in 17 days, I will have a 16 year-old. How did that happen? It seems like it was just yesterday that my first baby boy made his entrance in the world, after a little encouragement(READ: induction). Oh vey!
Menu planning has been really difficult this week. My work schedule is all messed up, and has totally thrown me for a major loop. I never thought I’d say it, but I really miss cooking during the week. I have 3 evening shifts this week, so the crockpot is being pushed into service. I am thinking about getting another crockpot for weeks like this.
- Monday: Taco bar for me and hubby. The boys are spending the day with the grandparents, so they usually eat with them.
- Tuesday: Chicken, noodles, and corn. It is not a super exciting meal, but for some reason, there are never any leftovers.
- Wednesday: Creamed chicken over biscuits in the crockpot. This is one of my most popular recipes, thanks to Kathy at Penney Lane Kitchen. She did an awesome round-up of fall crockpot recipes, so if you need more inspiration for your crockpot, be sure to check out her post.
- Thursday: I will grab something at work, since I work evenings. Hubby will grab something for the boys on his way home from work. What a great guy.
- Friday: Rinse and repeat the above entry, since I work till 9 PM. Yuck. But, they are going to grab me something, and I will eat some of it then, and save the rest for my lunch on Saturday.
- Saturday: We are not quite sure yet. It will either be Chipotle or cheesesteaks from our local pizza joint. I told them to decide, and surprise me when they pick me up from work.
- Sunday: Whatever MIL is making, since we eat at my IL’s on Sunday.
So that is my menu plan for this week. What is on yours? If you need some ideas, be sure to check out these posts:
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks| http://makingourlifematter.com/buffalo-chicken-cheesesteaks/
Crockpot Mango Pulled Pork Sandwiches| http://makingourlifematter.com/crockpot-mango-pulled-pork-sandwiches/
Crockpot White Chili|http://makingourlifematter.com/crockpot-white-chili/
* This post is also linked to Menu Plan Monday.