Wow! The last week of August is upon us. The kids go back to school next week, and we still have to get all their shopping done. I want to wait to get supplies until after their teachers tell them exactly what is needed. As for clothing shopping, we need to get on that.
Once again, it is a difficult week for menu planning. Constant running, and just being sick of the same old thing has made it really difficult! So this is what I came up with for this week:
This week has the potential to be a slower week, so I am excited to actually be able to cook a few days. Hubby put in a few suggestions for a change, so it will be stuff they actually want to eat.
In any case, this is what I have cooking this week:
- Sunday: Roast chicken and macaroni and cheese. It is the one meal that we all agree on, and there is no leftovers.
- Monday: Crockpot sausage sandwiches. Click on the photo to get the recipe.
- Tuesday: Hubby, oldest son, and I are headed to a concert. We are going to stop on the way to grab something.
- Wednesday: Hubby and I are having a date night at a concert at our local fair. So that means fair food! There is a stand there that makes homemade haluski, and I always get it. They make it just like my Grammy did, so it is a comfort food to me.
- Thursday: Out again. We have haircuts, so hubs is going to stop and get cheese dogs and chocolate milk from our favorite hot dog place.
- Friday: Probably pizza. Or perhaps cheesesteaks. Or maybe something totally different.
- Saturday: I would have to guess Chipotle, if it is like any other Saturday night.
So that is our menu plan for the week. I really need to work on making some new things, especially recipes in the crockpot for Monday and Tuesday nights. I know my family loves the same things, but I need some new dinner ideas to add to my menu plan.
What dinner ideas on your menu plan for this week?
More dinner ideas:
Homemade Sloppy Joe’s/ http://makingourlifematter.com/homemade-sloppy-joes-2/
Healthy BLT Sandwiches/http://makingourlifematter.com/sandwich-thins-review/
* This post is also linked to Menu Plan Monday.