Happy New Year 2015! I am absolutely amazed that we are at the beginning of a new year already. There are some days that I absolutely hate the idea, but today is not one of them.
After all, that means there is only 77 days until the first day of Spring! I know, I know, there are plenty of people out there that love their winter season. Sorry, I am not one of them!
So what am I blogging about today? Change, of course! With a new year comes new direction for the blog. I am keeping a few things, changing a few things, and eliminating a few as well.
What I am keeping:
- Menu Plan Monday is staying without a doubt. Although, I may be changing it up a bit to better fit our life, it is definitely one of my most popular reads. I want to work on making it better by adding more recipes and changing up how I write the post each week. I am definitely going to combine all the Menu Plan Monday and weekly menu plans into a single category.
- Book recommendations. I am working on expanding this for a weekly link-up and for each major holiday.
What is changing:
- My tagline is changing. I am in the process of brainstorming a better tagline so people can understand better what my blog is about.
- My theme. While I love this theme, is still isn’t quite right. I have purchased and downloaded a theme that will allow me to have my own color scheme. That won’t be rolling out until January 12th, so make sure you stay tuned!
- True Blogging. While I love the idea, the concept still isn’t right. I want you to have the impression that we are sitting together and chatting. My inspiration for it is Jo-Lynne’s #CoffeeTalk. Why couldn’t I have thought of that cute name first? So, again, I am brainstorming my own hashtag and concept.
- I am also working on creating a header, blog button, and other graphics to unify my social media. Yes, I am trying to brand myself!
What is leaving:
- Simple Woman’s Daybook. As one reader pointed out in my blogging survey, I got lazy with the concept and just C&P my answers without changing them up. Definitely not how I want to be known.
- What I Learned This Week. Pretty much, I use it as an excuse not to put in the time and effort for a regular post. Nope, not how I want to run my blog in 2015. Don’t get me wrong, I love Julie and her blog, but the party is just not working out for me anymore. I think it may make an occasional appearance, it just won’t be a staple on my blogging calendar.
So these are just a few changes coming up at Making Our Life Matter. I really think these small steps will help get me back on track, and be better than ever.