- I am addicted to Turkey Hill Iced Tea. Just the regular kind. But it is like crack to me. I can stop drinking it for a while, but if I get so much as a whiff of it, I fall off the wagon and grab the gallon jug.
- I hate drinking water. I mean I despise it. I know that I need to drink more, I know that it is good for me, but I can’t do it. I think part of the reason is that our tap water tastes like a dead sponge. We don’t have a water softener, so you can really taste the gunk in it. I try to buy spring water, but it is such a pain in the rear(and I save the spring water to use in my beloved Keurig). One of the things that I know I should invest in is a Brita pitcher or similar water strainer. It’s on my to do list, somewhere in the middle.
- Exercising is a necessary evil. Hubby and I are doing P90X Lean together. I hate exercising because I hate sweating. But you know what? Exercising with hubby has made it more bearable. We get to spend time with each other, and are doing something healthy. So it is a win-win situation. Plus it has other benefits as well, including physical, emotional, and even spiritual. As Tony Horton says, “Do Your Best, Forget The Rest.” Okay, if you say so!
- Dressing for the occasion makes exercising a little more bearable. This includes some high quality sneakers, athletic tops that whisk away the sweat, and a compression bra. I have somewhat large “girls” and the cardio workouts really bounce them around. Once I got a good compression bra, the exercise became less painful, as I wasn’t distracted by the movement.
- I can’t do Yoga. Period. I know it’s supposed to be relaxing, and it really is good exercise, but it is an exercise in futility for me. Exercise is supposed to relax you in body and mind, but is it worth it if you end up angry? Nope, not in my book. So I just skip the YogaX workout, and add another cardio.
I learned a few things along the way this week, some new, some the same old same old. How about you? Join in the fun to see what others are doing and to make new blog friends. For more WILTW, please visit Julie at From Inmates to Playdates!