*to complain in an annoying way
*to make a high and unpleasant sound that continues for a long time
Today’s vocabulary word is brought to you by………….me. Yeah, lately I have been the quintessential whiner when it comes to my blogging. I want, I want, I want, and when I don’t get it, I whine.
- My stats aren’t where everyone else’s are. You know what? Boo Hoo. The reason I don’t have my stats where I want them is because I am not putting enough effort in. I expect to put a post out, and everyone and their entire family to come see it and magically pass it on. You know what, Jen? Here’s a reality check: if your content is boring, they will not come. Did you hear it? Some more whine.
- I get no traffic from Twitter. Well, duh, if you don’t engage on Twitter, who is going to know that your blog is out there? The magic blog fairy isn’t going to come and send traffic my way. I have to put it out there, and, get this, tweet it! Wow, pretty amazing, huh? Or, since I work in a bookstore, perhaps I should, I don’t know, pick up a book on Twitter and read it? *Slap self in head*
- Companies aren’t banging down my door to do product reviews for them. Uh, hello? Have you read my About Me page? Total snooze fest. What was I thinking when I wrote that? Was I even thinking? If I was a company, I would run far, far away. There is that whine again, let me get out my fiddle and play it for myself.
- I only get comments when I beg for them. Again, it goes back to the whole boring content thing. I read back over some of my older posts, and I think: Would I comment on that? No. Is this relevant to my life? No. Is it even funny? Not in the slightest. So I have no right to whine. It is my own doing. I need to step up and change things. Stop writing what I think people want to hear about, and write about what makes me passionate about blogging. And that it is okay to embrace my sarcastic side. I don’t always need to sound like an old lady whose bun is too tight.
Wow, can someone just pass me the cheese to go with my whine?
All kidding aside, I love to blog. I want to grow my blog into something bigger and better. I want to be able to be one of the blog’s that a company can turn to in order to get their product reviewed. After all, I am out there using products on a daily basis, and what better way to promote them? But I can’t start doing that until I start being me. Look out blogging world, here comes the real Jen. Well, sort of. After all, I do have an image to uphold, right?
Want to have as much fun as I did? Take a few moments to pop over to Julie’s to see What She Learned This Week. Just click on the graphic below to get started.
Just a few things:
- Grab this graphic and place it in your blog post, making sure you link back to her blog.
- Go to Julie’s current WILTW post and add your link to her linky.
- Visit other participant’s in the linky, and leave a nice comment.
- Have fun seeing what others have learned.
So now that I have shared my whine, will you share yours with me? It is okay, I won’t call you a whiner. That would take away all the fun from me!