- I learned that packing for 10 days from home isn’t as easy as it looks. I counted out clothes, and still came out short. I made tons of lists, and I still forgot things and had to buy them while we were out. I check and double-checked and even triple-checked, and I still couldn’t fully enjoy myself because I was sure I had forgotten something.(I didn’t, so that was time I wasted).
- I learned that you can get sick of being in the car. I mean, you are just sitting there, it shouldn’t be so exhausting, right?? Wrong. It was the most tiring thing I have ever encountered(except for childbirth, of course). Our first leg of our trip consisted of a 5 hour car-ride. Which we did non-stop…….never, ever again!
- I learned that I can really get used to the whole vacation concept. Not having to cook, clean, run to baseball practice, or go grocery shopping was pure heaven.
- I learned that being with my husband for 24/7 for ten whole days was such a pleasure. I had him, mostly, to myself and we didn’t have the pressures of him worrying about work, work, and more work. It was so good just being…………together!
- I learned that I am not likely to have a trip like this for a really long time, so I actually took the time to enjoy it, cherish it, treasure it, and of course, blog about it.
So I hope that you enjoyed reading this post. Take a few minutes to visit Julie and read her wonderful blog. Have you learned anything new this week?