I think I may have mentioned several times that I hate winter. Winter is not a wonderland. In fact, I think it sucks. The latest storm has just solidified my belief that winter was created just to torture me.
I supposed it could be worse, I could live in a place like Wisconsin, where it snows all the time. Friends of ours live in Madison and were just discussing the fact that they had to go out and use the snow blower…again. I would rather be in Wisconsin during the summer.
And truth be told, my area of PA is generally not too bad during the winter. It has moderate snowfalls that are generally short-lived, and melt really quickly. And the temperature is generally around “normal” or even slightly above. But not this year. Twice now, Canada has decided to share its frigid weather with my area. All I can say is: Canada take it back, we don’t want it around here.
Winter Is Not A Wonderland
So why is winter not a wonderland? Well, here are a few of my reasons. Done in bullet form, because no long explanations are really necessary!
- It is cold.
- It is snowy.
- It makes a mess in the house if you forget to take off your shoes.
- When you have a one-car garage, you have to play car Tetris all the time because one car is too big to put in the garage.
- You have to waste time out in the cold scraping when you are the one that has to park outside all the time.
- You have to keep track of all kinds of extra things: hats, gloves, scarves, boots, ear-muffs. It is too much.
- Have I mentioned that it is cold? Well, I also want to add dark, dreary, and downright yucky.
Yes, I know there are people out there that have much worse winters, more snow, and much more hassle. But I am a lover of sunshine, and baseball . And I hate having the winter blues. I know I just need to be patient because Spring will come….eventually! So now that I have whined about why I think winter is not a wonderland, it is your turn.