Winter. Definitely not my favorite season of the year. Winter is cold, dark, and means snow. Yuck! Right now, it has started snowing, and it has no plans to stop until tomorrow morning. Eek! And on top of the snow, it is getting brutally cold. We are supposed to get some pretty wicked winds too, and I am praying that we don’t lose power!
There are many reasons why I just don’t like this time of year. Besides cold and dark and snow. If you do like winter, then I have to apologize if I offend you. But winter just does not work for me. Not even a little!
Winter: You Are Not Welcome!!
- I dislike having to wear coats, hats, scarves, and gloves. It is way too much stuff to keep track of. Summer is much more suited for me for this reason.
- Shoveling. And scraping. And scraping while shoveling. I am a petite person, so I just don’t get the leverage you need to efficiently shovel snow. Makes a long process even longer!
- Having to wear snow boots. I love cute boots, so wearing heavy boots make me sad. I would so love these boots, but they are kind of pricey for my budget. They look cute and functional too!
- As I have mentioned before, I dislike winter darkness. I am a lover of sunshine, and warmth, so this time of year really messes with me.
- Having to worry about hubby driving home in this weather. He works about 25 minutes from home, so I am a nervous wreck when he drives in it. I try to let him take the SUV whenever possible because I live 3 minutes from work.
Now that I have shared all the reasons why I don’t like winter, how about sharing what you don’t like about winter? And if you DO like winter, why? Would definitely love to hear it!