° 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
° 1 ⅓ cup frozen peas and carrots
° ⅔ cup frozen corn kernels
° 2 tablespoons of butter
° ¼ cup all-purpose flour
° 2 cups of milk
° 1 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme, or to taste
° 2 cups diced cooked chicken
° salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Using a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into 8 equal-sized strips. Weave the strips into a square lattice and place them on a greased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Place frozen peas, carrots and corn in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until cooked but still firm, 5 to 10 minutes.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the milk and stir while cooking until the mixture is smooth. Add the thyme and continue cooking, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Stir in cooked vegetables and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes.
Pour chicken mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Place the lattice of dough on it. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST