– Pecans: 1/2 pound (chopped)
– Walnuts: 1/2 pound (chopped)
– Ground cinnamon: 2 to 3 tbsp
– Phyllo dough: 1 pound package
– Melted butter: 1 to 1/2 cups
– Honey: 2 to 1/2 cups
– Vanilla: 1 tsp.
– Lemon zest: 1 tsp (grated)
- I prefer to mix together nuts and toss with the ground cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.
1.Start by buttering a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2.In the bottom of prepared dish, place 2 sheets of phyllo and please brush generously with melted butter.
3.Next, making sure to sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. And please repeat layers until all the nuts, butter, and phyllo are used.
4.And make sure to end with about 6 layers of phyllo on the top. Whenever I have some butter left, I brush it over the top layer.
5.You’ll want to cut through all layers of the baklava using a very sharp knife. And please cut 3-4 sliced length-wise.
6.After that, you should make diagonal cuts to make diamond shapes.
7.At this time, bake in preheated 350 degree oven until golden and crisp, it takes around 45 minutes.
8.while baklava is baking, you’re going to get a sauce pan and heat in honey until close to boiling. And please stir in vanilla and lemon zest.
9.When finished baking, make sure the honey mixture needs to be poured over the top.
10.The last step is permit cooled completely in the pan.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST