1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
For the Chicken
¼ cup cornstarch
2 eggs beaten
½ cup all purpose flour
oil for frying
For the Honey Sauce:
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or Tamari sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic minced
¼ cup sesame seeds for garnish
Place eggs in a bowl and stir with a fork until blended.
Combine flour and cornstarch in a plate and stir together until incorporated.
Heat about 3-inches of oil in a deep frying pan.
Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then dip it into flour mixture.
Add chicken pieces to the hot oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Drain chicken on paper towels.
In the meantime, prepare the honey sauce.
Set a pan over medium heat; add in honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic. Whisk to combine.
Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and pour sauce over chicken.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
If you want a thicker sauce, combine ½ tablespoon cornstarch with ½ tablespoon cold water; whisk to combine and then whisk into the sauce. Cook for a minute, or until heated through.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 3mg
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Fried pork chops
- VANILLA CHIFFON CAKE
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Caramel Cake
- Fried chicken
- Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread
- Seafood Mac and Cheese
- Steak Quesadillas
- BAKED TURKEY WINGS
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cheesecake
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK￼
- Meatball Casserole
- Perfect Fried Shrimp
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Garlic Butter Chicken