8 large bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 3.5 – 4 lbs)
1/4 cup olive oil
Zest of 1 large lemon (1 Tbsp), remainder of lemon cut into wedges for serving
5 garlic cloves minced, or 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp Italian seasoning, store-bought or homemade, see notes
2 tsp paprika
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Position oven rack one level above center. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with an oven safe wire cooling rack. Spray cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray.
In an extra large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, Italian seasoning and paprika.
Dab chicken thighs well dry with paper towels and add chicken thighs to bowl with oil mixture. Toss well to evenly coat with mixture.
Transfer thighs to rack on baking sheet turning skin side down. Season with salt and pepper then turn skin side up and season with salt and pepper. Leave space between thighs so heat can circulate evenly.
Bake in preheated oven until skin is browned and thighs register 175 degrees in thickest portion, about 35 – 45 minutes. If desired broil* during last minute or two for crispier skin (keep a close eye on it).
Serve warm** with lemon wedges for spritzing. If desired you can garnish with a 1 Tbsp chopped parsley.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code