1 pound ground beef
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed.
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies.
1 can (4 ounces) chopped jalapeno peppers.
Oil for deep-fat frying.
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the beans, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic, and cumin.
Spoon about 1/3 cup of beef mixture off-center on each tortilla.
Fold edge nearest filling up and over to cover. Fold in both sides and roll-up.
Fasten with toothpicks.
In a large saucepan, combine the chilies, peppers, and remaining tomato sauce; heat through.
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°.
Fry the chimichangas for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sauce.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Fried pork chops
- VANILLA CHIFFON CAKE
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Caramel Cake
- Fried chicken
- Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread
- Seafood Mac and Cheese
- Steak Quesadillas
- BAKED TURKEY WINGS
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cheesecake
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK￼
- Meatball Casserole
- Perfect Fried Shrimp
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Garlic Butter Chicken