1 pound ground beef
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed.
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies.
1 can (4 ounces) chopped jalapeno peppers.
Oil for deep-fat frying.
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the beans, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic, and cumin.
Spoon about 1/3 cup of beef mixture off-center on each tortilla.
Fold edge nearest filling up and over to cover. Fold in both sides and roll-up.
Fasten with toothpicks.
In a large saucepan, combine the chilies, peppers, and remaining tomato sauce; heat through.
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°.
Fry the chimichangas for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sauce.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken