2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 cups granulated white sugar
2 cups softened butter ( equal to 2 sticks)
1 cup of water
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
For The Frosting:
1 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup butter
3 cups granulated sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease two cake pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, granulated sugar and whisk until well combined.
Melt butter in a saucepan with water and pour over flour. Whisk until combined.
Add the baking soda, eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk. Mix well until the dough is well combined and smooth.
Divide the batter between the two prepared pans and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, when you find a toothpick inserted in the center, come out clean, remove the cakes from the oven.
And let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the layers on parchment-lined racks to cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare your frosting by mixing all but 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan, and cook on low for 3 minutes.
In another pan, put the remaining sugar and melt until it turns an amber color.
Then add it to the first mixture, stirring well.
Immediately pour about 1/3 of the frosting over the bottom layer of the cake, place the other layer on top and pour the remaining frosting over the top and sides. Spread evenly.
For the topping:
I use toasted pecan halves and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code