2 flour tortillas, medium/ burrito-sized
1/2 lb beef, (ribeye or top round), thinly sliced or diced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
6 oz mushrooms, diced
3 slices provolone cheese, (avoid aged cheese), sliced in half
1 Tbsp light olive oil, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
2 tsp mayo, optional
US Customary – Metric
In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil, once hot add the chopped meat.
Season with salt and pepper and cook until meat is fully cooked.
Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, dice the mushrooms, and peppers.
Sautee vegetables in the same skillet until tender, adding another teaspoon of oil if needed.
Add the beef back to the skillet with minced garlic, stir and cook until meat is reheated.
Spread mayo (if using) on the tortillas. Divide the filling between the tortillas, adding them to one side of the tortilla.
Top the filling with sliced cheese and close the tortilla
Heat a skillet over med heat. For a crisper tortilla, add a little oil to the pan.
Place the tortilla in the hot pan and sautee until the cheese is melted and the outside is golden and crisp, flipping once.
Slice and serve.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken