1/2 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 (16-ounce) package smoked Kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 tablespoon butter
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 corn on the cob cut to large chunks
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small head green cabbage, chopped
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/3 cup heavy cream
Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add sausage and cook until browned.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add butter to the grease in the Dutch oven and cook carrots and onion , corn, over medium-heat until soft.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add cabbage and cook and stir for a minute or two, until the cabbage wilts some.
Add potatoes, chicken broth, water, bouillon cube, and brown sugar.
Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until potatoes are soft.
Add sausage, black pepper, caraway seeds, thyme, and heavy cream.
Bring to a simmer. Serve!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Fried pork chops
- VANILLA CHIFFON CAKE
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Caramel Cake
- Fried chicken
- Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread
- Seafood Mac and Cheese
- Steak Quesadillas
- BAKED TURKEY WINGS
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cheesecake
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK￼
- Meatball Casserole
- Perfect Fried Shrimp
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Garlic Butter Chicken