1 jar of dried beef slices rinsed well & chopped
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
Pinch of cayenne
2 cups milk
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Rinse the slices of dried beef really well – they are VERY salty! Once you have rinsed well, pat dry with a paper towel.
Chop the beef into small bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Heat the butter in the large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the flour and pinch of cayenne pepper to the melted butter and whisk until well combined and cooked through, about 45 seconds.
Very slowly add the milk while whisking continually.
Once the milk has all been added, add the chopped dried beef.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until thickened.
Taste and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, if needed.
Serve on top of dry toast immediately.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Fried pork chops
- VANILLA CHIFFON CAKE
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Caramel Cake
- Fried chicken
- Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread
- Seafood Mac and Cheese
- Steak Quesadillas
- BAKED TURKEY WINGS
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cheesecake
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK￼
- Meatball Casserole
- Perfect Fried Shrimp
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Garlic Butter Chicken