1 jar of dried beef slices rinsed well & chopped
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
Pinch of cayenne
2 cups milk
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Rinse the slices of dried beef really well – they are VERY salty! Once you have rinsed well, pat dry with a paper towel.
Chop the beef into small bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Heat the butter in the large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the flour and pinch of cayenne pepper to the melted butter and whisk until well combined and cooked through, about 45 seconds.
Very slowly add the milk while whisking continually.
Once the milk has all been added, add the chopped dried beef.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until thickened.
Taste and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, if needed.
Serve on top of dry toast immediately.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken