1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless ribeye steak, shaved
12 slider buns
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
6 slices provolone cheese
6 slices american cheese
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
Place steaks in the freezer for 30-40 minutes before slicing. This will make shaving steaks thinly very easy.
Cut partially frozen ribeyes in half widthwise and shave into 1/8 inch thick strips.
Keep some fat and discard some fat as desired.
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add thinly sliced onions and saute until golden and tender.
Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
Add a touch more oil to the pan and add shaved ribeye steak. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Saute until fully cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Use the tip of a metal spatula to break up long strips into small bite-sized chunks.
Return the onions to the skillet and mix with the beef.
Arrange the bottom buns of the sliders on a greased 11×17 pan (no need to break apart attached buns).
Spread an even layer of beef/onions over the buns. Top with a layer of American cheese slices and then a layer of provolone slices. You want a complete sheet of cheese coverage with no overlap.
Bake sliders without the top buns for 5 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted.
Remove from the oven, place top slider buns on cheesesteaks, and lightly brush with melted butter.
Return to the oven for about 5 more minutes.
Cut slider boarders with a knife if needed and serve immediately.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- CAJUN SHRIMP IN FOIL
- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Shrimp & Teriyaki Steak Noodles
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST
- LEMON GARLIC LOBSTER TAILS
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- CLASSIC ENSAYMADA BREAD RECIPE
- Steak fajitas
- SANDWICH AND FRIES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- Cabbage soup with smoked sausage
- PAN SEARED FISH FILETS
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic
- BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Fried pork chops
- VANILLA CHIFFON CAKE
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Caramel Cake
- Fried chicken
- Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread
- Seafood Mac and Cheese
- Steak Quesadillas
- BAKED TURKEY WINGS
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cheesecake
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK￼
- Meatball Casserole
- Perfect Fried Shrimp
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Garlic Butter Chicken