1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless ribeye steak, shaved
12 slider buns
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
6 slices provolone cheese
6 slices american cheese
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
Place steaks in the freezer for 30-40 minutes before slicing. This will make shaving steaks thinly very easy.
Cut partially frozen ribeyes in half widthwise and shave into 1/8 inch thick strips.
Keep some fat and discard some fat as desired.
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add thinly sliced onions and saute until golden and tender.
Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
Add a touch more oil to the pan and add shaved ribeye steak. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Saute until fully cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Use the tip of a metal spatula to break up long strips into small bite-sized chunks.
Return the onions to the skillet and mix with the beef.
Arrange the bottom buns of the sliders on a greased 11×17 pan (no need to break apart attached buns).
Spread an even layer of beef/onions over the buns. Top with a layer of American cheese slices and then a layer of provolone slices. You want a complete sheet of cheese coverage with no overlap.
Bake sliders without the top buns for 5 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted.
Remove from the oven, place top slider buns on cheesesteaks, and lightly brush with melted butter.
Return to the oven for about 5 more minutes.
Cut slider boarders with a knife if needed and serve immediately.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Cajun shrimp and steak
- FRIED RICE CHICKEN AND STEAK AND SHRIMP￼￼
- Baked legs with cream of mushroom
- Pan fried with garlic butter and potatoes￼
- Jerk chicken with beans and Rice
- STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
- Henny Butter Shrimp
- Baked Ziti with Shrimp
- Cheese Shrimp Penne Pasta and Spinach
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- BEST HAM SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER HAVE
- HONEY GARLIC TURKEY WINGS
- Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potato
- STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Brown Sugar Peach Cake￼￼
- OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
- CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH￼￼
- Mexican Street Corn
- Baked Fried Chicken
- Apple Pie Biscuits
- HAMBURGER STEAK WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY
- Homemade Meatloaf ￼
- Stuffed Cabbages Rolls
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
- Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- The great banana pudding ever￼￼
- Spicy Southern Fried Chicken
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake￼
- Homemade Hibachi Dinner
- Beef Stroganoff ￼