1 pound ground beef
Olive or canola oil, as needed
½ cup water
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 minced garlic clove or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 chopped red or green bell pepper
½ chopped large yellow onion (or 1 small)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
12 slices American cheese
6 slices Texas Toast (see note)
1.Heat a large skillet over a moderate heat.
2.Add a splash of oil.
3.Add the meat, bell pepper and onion (and garlic if using fresh).
4.Cook, stirring often and breaking up any large chunks of meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned through.
5.Drain off any excess grease.
6.Turn the heat right down.
7.Now add the water, ketchup, mustard, garlic (if using powder), Worcestershire sauce, and sugar.
8.Stir well then cook for about 8 minutes or until the sauce is thicker.
9.Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
10.Broil the Texas toast until golden.
11.Now add a piece of cheese to each slice of toast and broil for half a minute.
12.Spoon some of the beef mixture over each piece of toast with cheese. Add another slice of cheese on top.
13.Broil again until the cheese melts.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Cajun shrimp and steak
- FRIED RICE CHICKEN AND STEAK AND SHRIMP￼￼
- Baked legs with cream of mushroom
- Pan fried with garlic butter and potatoes￼
- Jerk chicken with beans and Rice
- STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
- Henny Butter Shrimp
- Baked Ziti with Shrimp
- Cheese Shrimp Penne Pasta and Spinach
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- BEST HAM SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER HAVE
- HONEY GARLIC TURKEY WINGS
- Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potato
- STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Brown Sugar Peach Cake￼￼
- OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
- CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH￼￼
- Mexican Street Corn
- Baked Fried Chicken
- Apple Pie Biscuits
- HAMBURGER STEAK WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY
- Homemade Meatloaf ￼
- Stuffed Cabbages Rolls
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
- Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- The great banana pudding ever￼￼
- Spicy Southern Fried Chicken
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake￼
- Homemade Hibachi Dinner
- Beef Stroganoff ￼