1 pound ground beef
Olive or canola oil, as needed
½ cup water
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 minced garlic clove or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 chopped red or green bell pepper
½ chopped large yellow onion (or 1 small)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
12 slices American cheese
6 slices Texas Toast (see note)
1.Heat a large skillet over a moderate heat.
2.Add a splash of oil.
3.Add the meat, bell pepper and onion (and garlic if using fresh).
4.Cook, stirring often and breaking up any large chunks of meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned through.
5.Drain off any excess grease.
6.Turn the heat right down.
7.Now add the water, ketchup, mustard, garlic (if using powder), Worcestershire sauce, and sugar.
8.Stir well then cook for about 8 minutes or until the sauce is thicker.
9.Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
10.Broil the Texas toast until golden.
11.Now add a piece of cheese to each slice of toast and broil for half a minute.
12.Spoon some of the beef mixture over each piece of toast with cheese. Add another slice of cheese on top.
13.Broil again until the cheese melts.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken