5 lbs Russet potatoes sliced 1/8″ thick
2 cups onions chopped small
6 cloves garlic minced
¼ cup butter (½ stick)
¼ cup flour
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 Tbs salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning
8 oz sour cream
3 cups cheddar cheese grated, divided
1 cup pepper jack cheese grated
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400° and spray a 14 x 11½ x 2¼ baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
Peel and thinly slice potatoes, approximately 1/8″ thick. Place in a large bowl until ready to use.
In a large frying pan, melt butter over low flame then add onions and garlic. Saute for about 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over onion mixture, stir and cook for a couple minutes.
Gently pour vegetable broth into pan and stir, add salt and pepper, seasoning and heavy cream.
Stir until thickened, remove from heat just prior to boiling and then add 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Stir.
Layer 1/3 of the potato slices in baking dish then add 1/3 of the sour cream and 1/3 of the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
Top with 1/3 of the Parmesan, 1/3 pepper jack cheese and 1/3 of cheddar cheese.
Repeat layering 2 more times ending with cheddar cheese.
Cover with foil and place in oven. Cook for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
About 15 – 20 minutes prior to potatoes being done, remove foil to brown the cheese a bit.
Remove from oven, let sit for about 15 minutes.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Cajun shrimp and steak
- FRIED RICE CHICKEN AND STEAK AND SHRIMP￼￼
- Baked legs with cream of mushroom
- Pan fried with garlic butter and potatoes￼
- Jerk chicken with beans and Rice
- STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
- Henny Butter Shrimp
- Baked Ziti with Shrimp
- Cheese Shrimp Penne Pasta and Spinach
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- BEST HAM SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER HAVE
- HONEY GARLIC TURKEY WINGS
- Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potato
- STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Brown Sugar Peach Cake￼￼
- OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
- CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH￼￼
- Mexican Street Corn
- Baked Fried Chicken
- Apple Pie Biscuits
- HAMBURGER STEAK WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY
- Homemade Meatloaf ￼
- Stuffed Cabbages Rolls
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
- Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- The great banana pudding ever￼￼
- Spicy Southern Fried Chicken
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake￼
- Homemade Hibachi Dinner
- Beef Stroganoff ￼