1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 3/4 cups chopped yellow onion (1 large)
1 1/4 cups peeled and chopped carrots (3 medium)
1 cup chopped celery (3 medium)
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
8 cups low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 lb red or yellow potatoes, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups (5 oz.) chopped green beans (trim ends first)
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Dab beef dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper then add half of the beef to pot and brown about 4 minutes, turning halfway through.
Transfer to a plate add another 1/2 Tbsp oil to pot and repeat process with remaining half of beef.
Add another 1 Tbsp oil to now empty pot then add onions, carrots, and celery then saute 3 minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer.
Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes.
Add potatoes then continue to simmer, covered, 20 minutes (you can also add green beans with potatoes if you like them very soft).
Stir in green beans and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until all of the veggies and beef are tender.
Pour in corn and peas and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve warm.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots
- Grilled beef ribs Recipe
- Quick and Easy Dirty Rice Recipe
- One Pot Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Cajun Shrimp Scampi
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef
- Parmesan crusted air fryer chicken tenders
- Delicious Lemon Pepper Baked Cod Recipe
- Cauliflower Crust pizza artist
- Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Beef stew
- Creamy cajun shrimp pasta recipe
- Healthy and Quick Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Cheeseburger subs
- Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Seafood gumbo
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Fries
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
Leave a Comment