1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 3/4 cups chopped yellow onion (1 large)
1 1/4 cups peeled and chopped carrots (3 medium)
1 cup chopped celery (3 medium)
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
8 cups low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 lb red or yellow potatoes, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups (5 oz.) chopped green beans (trim ends first)
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Dab beef dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper then add half of the beef to pot and brown about 4 minutes, turning halfway through.
Transfer to a plate add another 1/2 Tbsp oil to pot and repeat process with remaining half of beef.
Add another 1 Tbsp oil to now empty pot then add onions, carrots, and celery then saute 3 minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer.
Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes.
Add potatoes then continue to simmer, covered, 20 minutes (you can also add green beans with potatoes if you like them very soft).
Stir in green beans and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until all of the veggies and beef are tender.
Pour in corn and peas and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve warm.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code