8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
2 chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
1/2 pound shrimp (I used 31/40 size) thawed & peeled
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon + 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (use a low or no salt variety)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese (I used 1/2 block of Philly)
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Take the cream cheese out of the fridge 30+ minutes prior to starting the recipe (or microwave it for 20-30 seconds).
Boil a salted pot of water for the pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions.
If the shrimp are frozen, thaw them under cool running water. Peel them (leave tails on if you want). Pat shrimp dry. Cut the chicken into 1″ pieces.
Sprinkle the shrimp and chicken with the garlic powder and 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
Add the oil to a deep skillet over medium-high heat, and once the pan is hot, cook the shrimp for about 3 minutes (flip once), then transfer them to a plate.
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally (let it brown a bit). Transfer it to the same plate as the shrimp.
Take the skillet off the heat and add in the butter, cream, cream cheese, remaining 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, and garlic.
Return the pan to the stove (reduce heat to medium), and stir for a couple of minutes until the cream cheese has dissolved in the sauce.
Let the sauce bubble gently for about 2-3 minutes, or until it’s slightly thickened.
Stir in the parmesan and then add the shrimp and chicken back to the pan. Let it warm through for a couple minutes. Season with extra salt & pepper as needed.
I like to add a splash of hot pasta water (a tablespoon or two) to the skillet prior to draining the fettuccine to thin the sauce a little (optional). Toss the drained pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.
I like to add a little more grated parmesan and some chopped parsley. A squeeze of lemon is delicious too!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code