2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
1 red bell pepper cored, seeded, and chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
4 green chiles roasted, skin removed, seeded, and rough chopped. Hatch, Pueblo, or Anaheim peppers.
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons oregano Mexican Oregano preferred.
2 teaspoons cumin
28 ounces tomatoes canned, drained, chopped
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground sausage
3 cups Panko bread crumbs
2 eggs lightly beaten
1-15 ounce can creamed corn
8 Tablespoons catsup
8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
In a large hot skillet heat olive oil over high heat.
Add onions, bell pepper, and cook until onions start to turn translucent.
Add chile peppers, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin. Turn down heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and let cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine beef and sausage. Add cooked tomato mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, corn and mix well. Divide mixture into 10 1/2 ounce portions and shape into loaves. Or will make two 9 x 5 loafs.
Add 1 tablespoon of catsup to each loaf and spread around on the top.
Bake 40 minutes or until the meat thermometer into the center registers 160 degrees. Pour off any pan juices. Sprinkle cheese evenly over meatloaf and return to oven until cheese melts.
Tent the meatloaf with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code