2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
1 red bell pepper cored, seeded, and chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
4 green chiles roasted, skin removed, seeded, and rough chopped. Hatch, Pueblo, or Anaheim peppers.
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons oregano Mexican Oregano preferred.
2 teaspoons cumin
28 ounces tomatoes canned, drained, chopped
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground sausage
3 cups Panko bread crumbs
2 eggs lightly beaten
1-15 ounce can creamed corn
8 Tablespoons catsup
8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
In a large hot skillet heat olive oil over high heat.
Add onions, bell pepper, and cook until onions start to turn translucent.
Add chile peppers, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin. Turn down heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and let cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine beef and sausage. Add cooked tomato mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, corn and mix well. Divide mixture into 10 1/2 ounce portions and shape into loaves. Or will make two 9 x 5 loafs.
Add 1 tablespoon of catsup to each loaf and spread around on the top.
Bake 40 minutes or until the meat thermometer into the center registers 160 degrees. Pour off any pan juices. Sprinkle cheese evenly over meatloaf and return to oven until cheese melts.
Tent the meatloaf with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots
- Grilled beef ribs Recipe
- Quick and Easy Dirty Rice Recipe
- One Pot Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Cajun Shrimp Scampi
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef
- Parmesan crusted air fryer chicken tenders
- Delicious Lemon Pepper Baked Cod Recipe
- Cauliflower Crust pizza artist
- Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Beef stew
- Creamy cajun shrimp pasta recipe
- Healthy and Quick Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Cheeseburger subs
- Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Seafood gumbo
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Fries
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
Leave a Comment