3 lbs oxtails
1 medium-sized yellow onion chopped
2 tbsp of my homemade BBQ rub/seasoning OR 2 tsp favorite store-bought BBQ seasoning
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 cups BBQ sauce
a desired amount of liquid smoke I used a little over 1 tbsp
3 cups beef broth OR chicken broth OR water
Place the oxtails and onions into a large mixing bowl, then drizzle the oil all over the oxtails.
Next make sure everything is nicely coated with the oil, then sprinkle the BBQ seasoning all over the oxtails.
Place the oxtails and onions into a large pot, and place the pot over medium-high heat.
Brown the oxtails and onions, then remove them from the pot, and place them into the slow cooker.
Go back to the pot that you brown the oxtails in, and pour in the chicken broth OR water.
Next add in the barbecue sauce, and liquid smoke.
Mix everything, an let cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Pour the barbecue sauce over the oxtails, then place the lid on the slow cooker.
Let cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Serve with your favorite sides.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken