3-4 pound chuck roast excess fat trimmed
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
1 medium yellow onion diced
2 cups beef broth or beef stock
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves
1 pound baby potatoes halved
3 large carrots peeled and cut into thick chunks
For The Corn Starch Slurry:
3 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 3 tablespoons of cold water
Cut the beef into 3 (1lb) portions.
Season the beef with salt and pepper.
Set the Instant Pot at SAUTE setting, when the message HOT is displayed. Add the oil, and sear the roast on all sides (2-3 minutes per side).
Remove the roast from the pot, and add the onion. Cook until it’s translucent.
Deglaze the pot with beef stock, and scrape off any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Switch off the SAUTE setting.
Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme and bay leaves. Give everything a quick stir, and add the roast back in.
Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 60 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 7-8 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
Remove the lid, add the potatoes and the carrots, secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 10 minutes at high pressure. When time is up, naturally release the steam for 10 minutes, then quickly release the rest of the steam.
Remove beef and veggies on a serving platter, shred the beef and thicken the sauce.
To thicken the sauce, switch on the SAUTE setting. Add the corn starch slurry and whisk until thickened.
Spoon the gravy over the beef. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves. Serve with crusty bread.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code