1 pound of raw shrimp frozen is fine as long as you thaw it first
8 ounces penne pasta cooked to package instructions
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons cajun seasoning divided
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
diced tomatoes optional
fresh parsley optional
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. When finished, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, in a bowl combine the shrimp, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning. Toss to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, add the shrimp, and cook until pink and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove the shrimp and set it aside.
Give the pan a quick cleaning and return to the stovetop. Over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour. Very slowly, whisk in the half and half. You want to just whisk in a small bit at a time so that you can create a roux.
If you whisk in too much at a time you won’t get a nice creamy sauce.
Once you have whisked in all of the half and half, stir in the parmesan cheese, melting it to combine. Then stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the pasta and return the shrimp to the pan. Serve with diced tomatoes and fresh parsley!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots
- Grilled beef ribs Recipe
- Quick and Easy Dirty Rice Recipe
- One Pot Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Cajun Shrimp Scampi
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef
- Parmesan crusted air fryer chicken tenders
- Delicious Lemon Pepper Baked Cod Recipe
- Cauliflower Crust pizza artist
- Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Beef stew
- Creamy cajun shrimp pasta recipe
- Healthy and Quick Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Cheeseburger subs
- Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Seafood gumbo
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Fries
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
Leave a Comment