1 tablespoon butter
1.5 lb chicken breast skinless, boneless (4 small chicken breast or 2 large chicken breast, halved)
¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 oz spinach fresh
4 garlic cloves minced
⅔ cup half and half
⅔ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 oz mushrooms sliced
4 slices bacon cooked, chopped
4 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapenos
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Butter the bottom of the baking dish (I used an oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep).
Generously season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, lemon pepper seasoning and a small amount of paprika. Place the chicken breasts, flat side down, into the greased baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 F.
How to make creamed spinach:
In the mean time, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add spinach and cook for only 1 or 2 minutes, covered, until the spinach is thoroughly heated through and start to wilt. Remove from heat. Add minced garlic and half and half. Bring to boil. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and keep stirring, on high heat, until mozzarella cheese starts to melt – about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to simmer and keep stirring until you have a nice, smooth creamed spinach – about 30 seconds or 1 more minute. Season with salt to your taste. Remove from heat.
In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add sliced mushrooms and cook on high-medium heat for 1-2 minutes until mushroom caramelize. Do not salt mushrooms or it will prevent the caramelization.
Smothered chicken assembly:
Remove the chicken breasts from the oven (you baked them for 15-20 minutes). Top each chicken breast with the creamed spinach, chopped cooked bacon, cooked mushrooms and broken slices of pepper jack cheese. Bake in the oven, uncovered for 15-20 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through, no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear. Broil for the last 2-4 minutes, if desired, being careful not to burn the cheese on top.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code